Class action Settlements have been reached involving Cathode Ray Tubes (“CRTs”), a display device that was sold by itself or as the main components in TVs and computer monitors. Plaintiffs claim that the Defendants fixed the prices of CRTs causing consumers to pay more for CRT Products such as Televisions and Computer Monitors.
December 7, 2015
The Settlement Class includes any person or business in Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, that indirectly purchased a CRT or a product containing CRT, such as a TV or a computer monitor, made by the Defendants from March 1, 1995 through November 25, 2007. Hawaii, Nebraska and Nevada have shorter claims periods. The purchases must have been made for the class member’s use and not for resale.
- LG Electronics, Inc.
- LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
- LG Electronics Taiwan Taipei Co., Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.
- Philips Electronics North America Corporation
- Philips Electronics Industries (Taiwan), Ltd.
- Philips da Amazonia Industria Electronica Ltda.
- LP Displays International, Ltd. (f/k/a LG.Philips Displays)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Samsung SDI America, Inc.
- Samsung SDI Mexico S.A. de C.V.
- Samsung SDI Brasil Ltda.
- Shenzhen Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Tianjin Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Toshiba Corporation, Toshiba America, Inc.
- Toshiba America Consumer Products, LLC.
- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
- Toshiba America Electronics Components, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation (f/k/a Matsushita Electric Industrial, Ltd.)
- Panasonic Corporation of North America, MT Picture Display Co., Ltd.
- Beijing-Matsushita Color CRT Company, Ltd. (BMCC)
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Hitachi Displays, Ltd.
- Hitachi Electronic Devices (USA), Inc.
- Hitachi America, Ltd.
- Hitachi Asia, Ltd.
- Tatung Company of America, Inc.
- Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd.
- Chunghwa Picture Tubes (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- IRICO Group Corporation
- IRICO Display Devices Co., Ltd.
- IRICO Group Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Thai CRT Company, Ltd.
- Samtel Color, Ltd.
Settlements: $576.75 million
|Thompson & TDA
|Chungwa (previously approved)
|LG (previously approved)
This summary is provided for informational purposes only and is based on SRG’s review of publically available case documents. Official documents and information regarding the case can be found on the Court’s website (www.crtclaims.com) and case docket. This summary is not and should not be construed as legal, tax or other professional advice.