Plaintiffs claim that Defendants and co-conspirators unlawfully conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize the prices of ODDs. Plaintiffs claim that direct purchasers from the Defendants of computers, video game consoles, CD players/recorders, DVD players/recorders, and Blu-Ray players/recorders that contain ODDs may recover for the effect that the ODD conspiracy had on the prices of ODD Devices. Plaintiffs claim that the conspiracy required direct purchasers to pay more for ODDs and ODD Devices.
June 22, 2015
Individuals and entities who, during the period from January 1, 2004 through December 31, 2011 (the "Class Period"), purchased Optical Disk Drives and Optical Disk Drive Devices in the United States directly from the Defendants, their subsidiaries, or their affiliates. Excluded from the Class are defendants and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and government entities.
What are ODDs?
"Optical Disk Drives" or "ODDs" are any device which reads and/or writes data from and to an optical disk including, but not limited to, CD-ROMS, CD-recordable/rewritable, DVD-ROM, DVD-recordable/rewritable, Blu-Ray Blu-Ray recordable/rewritable, HD-DVD, Super Multi-Drives and other combination drives, and optical disk drives designed to be attached extemally to computers or other devices. "Optical Disk Drive Devices" or "ODD Devices" are devices incorporating ODDs including but not limited to desktop computers, mobile/laptop computers, videogame consoles, CD players/recorders, DVD players/recorders, and Blu-Ray disc players/recorders.
- Sony Corporation
- Sony Optiarc Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Sony NEC Optiarc Inc.
- Sony Optiarc America Inc.
- Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Sony Electronics, Inc.
- LG Electronics Inc.
- LG Electronics USA, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Hitachi-LG Data Storage, Inc.
- Hitachi-LG Data Storage Korea, Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Toshiba America lnformation Systems, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics America,, lnc.
- Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corp.
- Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corp. Korea
- Lite-On IT Corp. of Taiwan
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.
- Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions Corp.
- Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions USA, Inc.
- BenQ Corporation
- BenQ America Corporation
- TEAC Corporation
- TEAC America, lnc.
- Quanta Storage, Inc.
- Quanta Storage America, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation of North America
Partial Settlements: $37.75 million
|Hitachi-LG Data Storage