Manufacturers of polyurethane foam were accused of colluding to fix prices of polyurethane foam and polyurethane foam products. Polyurethane foam is used for cushioning and insulation in residential and commercial furnishing, bedding and flooring. In April 2013 Vitafoam and Vitafoam Products Canada agreed to pay over $10 million to claimants. A previous $148 million settlement for direct purchasers was approved and had a filing deadline of January 26, 2015.
Flexible Polyurethane Foam is described as:
- Upholstered furniture, such as a sofa with foam cushions
- Carpet underlay, such as carpet padding or carpet cushion
- Bedding product, such as mattresses, mattress toppers, pillows
February 29, 2016
Persons and entities that indirectly purchased flexible polyurethane foam in the US from a store or company other than from the defendants from January 1, 1999 through August 1, 2015. Indirectly means not for resale. The purchase(s) must have been made in any of the eligible states below.
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- A-Z Sponge & Foam Products Ltd.
- Carpenter Company
- Carpenter Holdings & ER Carpenter LP
- Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company
- Flexible Foam Products Inc.
- Future Foam Inc.
- FXI-Foamex Innovations Inc.
- Leggett & Platt Inc.
- Mohawk Industries
- Otto Bock Polyurethane Technologies
- Plastomer Corporation
- Scottdel Inc.
- The Woodbridge Group
- Valle Foam Industries Inc.
- Vitafoam Inc.
- Vitafoam Products Canada Ltd.
Settlements: $151.25 million
|Carpenter Company, Holdings & ER Carpenter LP
|Leggett & Platt Inc
|Flexible Foam Products
This summary is provided for informational purposes only and is based on SRG’s review of publically available case documents. Official documents and information regarding the case can be found on the claims administrator’s website: www.polyfoamclassaction.com and in the case docket. This summary is not and should not be construed as legal, tax or other professional advice.